Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Great Master Forger search...

If you are reading this, I suggest you go make yourself a cuppa before you go any further because this post is going to be epic!

Back now? Ok, here goes....
Counterfeit Kit Challenge are looking for some new Master Forgers & I decided to throw my hat in the ring. First step was to answer a fun quiz and then you received a list of what to include in your kit, based on you answers. My kit included papers inspired by the Basic Grey collection Second City
SecondCity_BlogReveal-6 
This is what I came up with...
 Some spots, some graphic prints and gorgeous colours. 
Next up was stamps, washi tape, wood & brads...
 Followed by some stamped embellishments & some pocket page cards. I figured I would just use my stamps as I went along for embellishing and I found some PL cards from who know how long ago! Also in the Second City collection I noticed some vellum feathers, triangles & arrows that I wanted to forge so I threw in some dies & stencils to help me along. And of course what kit is complete without alphas and some pretties. The little bottle tops I made using washi tape and glossy accents...
 Next up was some forging. The first thing I wanted to forge was the vellum feathers. This is what I came up with.
Step 1. Die cut some vellum & some of my papers 
Step 2. Lay the vellum feather over the patterned paper feather
Step 3. Sew them together
And voila, forged feathers...
 My next forgery involved making my own PL cards as the ones in my kit just weren't doing it for me. I used this Heidi Swapp image as my inspo

Image result for heidi swapp project life cards
and came up with this. I cut my cardstock to 3" x 4" and watercoloured it with some gorgeous shimmery watercolour paints I picked up at Spotlight for $3. Bargain :D 
Then I used my alpha dies to cut out the word happy
Step 2 was to stamp birthday underneath. 

*Quick tip - cover the part of the stamp you don't want to use with washi before inking up, then remove the washi tape before stamping



 Some more stamping on my base card for good measure...
 And then put it all together...
 This is my finished card with the items I used from my kit...
 And here is a second card I made by making a stencil with my die cut, then sponging, stamping & put it all together...

Still with me? Told you it was going to be a biggie :)

Righto, on to some scrapping. 
I have never got into the whole Project Life thing so my challenge to myself was to make a standard 12x12 lo using a PL format.
Oh, did I mention that the reason my blogging has been a bit scarce, & the reason why I am only just completing this with only a day to go is that we have been preparing for & welcoming a new member to our family?  Please meet Cleo...
And what better subject to use for my challenge? So here is Cleo's inaugural scrapbook lo in a PL format along with the items I used from my kit...
 And a close up...
 Now, just in case you haven't had enough yet here are a couple of extra cards & another lo from my kit. (Note the washi & the matching washi tape bottle top? Bet you thought I had forgotten. And the little tag at the top is a previously forged item as well)
And that canvas in the background? Yep, made that too ;)


I hope I didn't lose you along the way, I did warn you!
Thanks so much CKC for the opportunity to apply & hope you have enjoyed my "little" offering ;D

Have a great day..Jx


 




 

11 comments:

  1. You have been creative! Love the cards and colours and pages - great counterfeiting too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice kit - love the bright colours. Your forged feathers are totally gorgeous - might need to make some myself. Nice layouts and pretty cards. I like the idea of the PL format! good luck with the entry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoroughly enjoyed your lively chatty post & the very crafty kit that you assembled. Especially impressed with all of your creativity produced with your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic forged feathers.Wonderful card ideas there and a pretty kit overall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a similarly epic post - but it was very enjoyable to read through yours! Especially since we were given many of the same elements to work with (we would obviously make great travelling companions!)

    I'm swooning a little over those forged feathers - so cute - and your final layout is gorgeous! I love the idea of using the PL elements on a layout. Good luck with the DT Call x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun to see another take on this counterfeit kit :) Seems a few of us got this particular BasicGrey paper line :) Love seeing the forgeries you made and such a cute layout to make at the end (love the new dog to the family layout too :) Good luck with the DT Call

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your feathers are amazing! Love your dog layout. Very nice kit! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to see another take on the same paper line that I got! I especially love your layered feathers and the washi tape bottle caps. What a great idea! Good luck with the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your creations especially the yummy feathers you made and the PL card they ended up on, it's all gorgeous and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo fabulous kit.. all those stamps and dies.. so much fun! Loved the card you made with feathers. Feathers are so IN now! lol Great forged PL cards too. Loved the cards and layout you made. Cleo is so cute! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those feathers are awesome! Thanks for sharing how you did that. You do wonderful work! I'd love for you to come play at my challenge, CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration: http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete